Data Policy for Support Team
This data policy outlines how our WordPress support team will access, use, and protect the personal data of our clients and their website users when providing technical assistance and debugging services.
What data we access and why
When our clients report an issue with our plugin or service, we may need to access their WordPress admin dashboard to investigate and resolve the problem. This may involve viewing, editing, or deleting some of the data stored on their website, such as:
- Plugin settings and options
- Plugin logs and error messages
- WordPress configuration and version
- PHP and server information
- Theme and other plugin compatibility
- User roles and permissions
- Website content and media
We will only access the minimum amount of data necessary to perform our debugging tasks. We will not access, download, or share any data that is irrelevant, sensitive, or confidential to our clients or their website users.
How we use and secure the data
We will use the data we access only for the purpose of debugging and fixing the issue reported by our clients. We will not use the data for any other reason, such as marketing, analytics, or research.
We will secure the data we access by following these best practices:
- We will use a secure connection (HTTPS) to access the WordPress admin dashboard.
- We will use strong and unique passwords to log in to the WordPress admin dashboard.
- We will not store or save any passwords or login credentials on our devices or systems.
- We will not share any passwords or login credentials with anyone outside our support team.
- We will use encryption, antivirus, firewall, and other security measures to protect our devices and systems from unauthorized access or malware.
- We will comply with all applicable data protection laws and regulations in our jurisdiction and in the jurisdiction of our clients.
Who we share the data with
We will not share any data we access with anyone outside our support team, unless we have the explicit consent of our clients or we are required by law to do so.
We may share some data with third-party service providers that we use to assist us in providing our support services, such as:
- Hosting providers
- Backup providers
- Debugging tools
- Ticketing systems
- Communication platforms
We will only share the data that is necessary for these service providers to perform their functions. We will ensure that these service providers have adequate security measures in place to protect the data and that they comply with our data policy and any applicable data protection laws and regulations.
What rights our clients have over their data
Our clients have the following rights over their data:
- The right to request access to the data we have accessed or used on their website
- The right to request correction or deletion of any inaccurate or outdated data we have accessed or used on their website
- The right to request restriction or limitation of our access or use of their data on their website
- The right to withdraw their consent or object to our access or use of their data on their website
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if they believe that we have violated their data protection rights
To exercise any of these rights, our clients can contact us with their request and proof of identity. We will respond to their request within a reasonable time frame and in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
How we communicate with our clients about our data policy
We will communicate with our clients about our data policy by:
- Providing a link to this data policy on our website
- Asking for their consent before accessing their WordPress admin dashboard for debugging purposes
- Notifying them of any changes or updates to this data policy via email or through our website
How our clients can contact us if they have any questions or concerns
If our clients have any questions or concerns about this data policy or how we handle their data, they can contact us. We will be happy to answer their queries and address their issues.