We are introducing a most sought-after feature – Restrict duplicate applications.
The Issue of Duplicate Applications
Some job seekers apply multiple times to a job posting. Often they do it out of desperation, thinking it would improve their chances or because they have no way of knowing that their application was successfully submitted the first time. But it only serves to make the lives of recruiters harder. Finding and removing duplicate applications was a real headache for our clients and they were requesting a solution.
We decided to tackle the issue and soon zeroed into these factors in our brainstorming sessions.
- Users should be able to identify duplicates quickly without any complicated entanglements like authentication and OTP
- The potential fix should not be cookie-based as it is less secure and will not be effective all the time.
- Candidates should be assured that their application was successful and thus need not apply again.
Well, now say goodbye to duplicate applications. We are addressing this issue in WP Job Openings Pro 3.1.0! 🎉
We have now added a checkbox to activate the new feature under WordPress Dasboard > Job Openings > Settings > Forms > General
If the option is selected, the plugin will validate each application by email and phone number and restrict duplicate submissions.
This option will be enabled by default for all new Pro users. Existing users will have to enable this option manually to be able to prevent duplications.
How We Fixed It
We now validate the applications with the email address and phone number. When a candidate tries to submit an application, the plugin will check for previous applications with the same email ID or phone number. If such an application is found, the candidate will get a message indicating that they have already applied for the job. (Yes, the message can be customized too)
Other Changes In V3.1.0
- Added: Shortcodes for Jobs count and Job Specifications (Settings > Shortcodes).
- Added: Elementor popup support for form shortcode.
- Improved: Form builder error handling.
- Dev: Added hooks to customize administrative pages.
More Updates Are On The Way!
We are working to make the plugin more fascinating. We are fixing issues and working on some more amazing features. If you have any issue that’s bothering you or you would like a new cool feature, head to our roadmap and submit them.