It’s hard to believe that it’s been five years since we first launched the WP Job Openings plugin. In that time, the plugin has helped tens of thousands of businesses and organizations create and manage career pages on their WordPress websites. We’re so proud of what we’ve accomplished, and we’re grateful to our amazing users for their support.
It all began in 2016 when we started working on WordPress projects under the banner of Awsm Innovations. We soon found that all our clients needed a career page to display their openings and no simple plugins were available then. Custom-building career pages were draining our valuable time and resources.
We decided to take matters into our own hands and develop an intuitive plugin that will help users create and manage job postings effortlessly eliminating the need for custom development. But due to time constraints, we were only able to work in our spare time and finally released the plugin in the Repository on August 12, 2018.
Our journey was amazing, and these are some of the major milestones we had.
1. 30k Active Installations
Just last month, we achieved this incredible milestone! Its true potential can be understood when you take these points into account.
- We don’t have a Marketing team and thus the growth we had was purely organic and through word of mouth.
- This plugin caters to a niche clientele and we cannot expect exponential growth.
2. Market leader in Recruitment & staffing technologies
Analyzing the recruitment and staffing technologies market share, popular technology profiler Wappalyzer, puts WP job Openings in #1 position on the percentage of websites that use a recruitment & staffing tool, followed by popular SAAS recruitment tools like Lever and Workable.
3. Impressive 4.9 rating in Repository
WP Job Openings has been rated 4.9 with 117 Five star ratings and 30K+ active installations. It’s great to know that our plugin is out there helping so many people with their recruitment needs.
4. Powerful Pro version & Addons
We introduced the Pro version in 2019 for those who need more advanced features. As time passed, the requests from our clients for more features too increased. We saw no point in bloating the plugin with features that would be used only by some clients. So we introduced Addons to be used by those who need the feature. Today we have 4 addons:
- Job Alerts to automatically send daily email alerts to subscribers when new jobs are added to your website.
- User Access Control to manage user roles and restrict access for advanced WPJO users.
- Auto Delete Applications to auto-delete all applications and uploaded files after a certain time to comply with GDPR Policies.
- Docs Viewer to add a preview of the uploaded resume on the applicant detail page.
Our plugin is headed by a team of enthusiastic WordPress contributors. Guiding the course of this venture is Aravind Ajith, supported by Vidya K V in customer service, Nithin John, Adhun Anand, and Sarath A R as developers, Jomon Thomas Lobo as the Product Manager, and Vivek J K overseeing testing—a collective force of incredible individuals who breathe life into this endeavor.
We are committed to introducing new and better features to make your recruitment process smoother. Also we are in the process of rebranding and becoming your trusted partner in recruitment. We’ll keep you updated on the progress. Stay connected with us for updates on this exciting journey.